Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crafternoon

My friends and I have a group activity we like to participate in that we have been calling crafternoon. It started out as knitting night with just two of the girls, and then more people started coming who did different crafts (I'm a crocheter, myself) so it has evolved into crafternoon.
The group is comprised of mostly friends from work, or who used to work with each other, but we also bring others in who do not work there. My BFF Holly, for instance, started coming to parties and such a while back, and has since become a part of the craft group as well. We've also rotated in boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, and pets. The rules are simple: bring a snack or a beverage, bring your craft, and prepare yourself to chat and have fun.
It's all very Golden Girls, really. What better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than gathering with friends and bonding over old-fashioned crafts?

3 comments:

  1. Hey BFF Gina,
    Crafternoon does rock! I'm really glad I was invited to join you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! That really does sound like a nice group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish crafternoon was here. I hear Heather really wants to learn quilting.

    ReplyDelete