Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More Mainstream

I'm much more mainstream than I thought I was. Here you are all listing these great bands I have never even heard of, and I'm about to bust out with stuff like Gin Blossoms and Counting Crows.

Counting Crows is one of my all time favorite bands, and I miss their music. My favorite song by them is called "Raining in Baltimore" from their August and Everything After album. I love the emotion and feeling Adam (the lead singer) puts in the songs. You can feel the heartache or happiness depending on the song he's singing. I also like the lyrics. Counting Crows was the first concert I ever went to. The Wallflowers opened up for them and the concert was really good. I was hoping they would perform this song, but then Adam announced that they took it out of their tour. Everyone was bummed, but then after a few minutes Adam just walked over to the piano, a single spotlight shone on him, and he soulfully began to sing the song. It was awesome. Afterwards he said he wasn't going to sing it but felt like he needed to that night. Here's the song from the CD:


4 comments:

  1. I love Counting Crows and I really love the Gin Blossoms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember listening to that album incessantly when it came out. I was really depressed. I think once I pulled myself out of it, I just couldn't listen to them anymore, because that's what they reminded me of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that album too, and that song especially. I'm sad to admit that I didn't even know they broke up!

    I remember listening to that album incessantly with Gina, and months later, finally figuring out he was singing, "Down on Virginia and Loloma... I've got friends who care for me..." Which, initially, sounds sort of like, "Blahloololoma... I've got friends who care for me..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you and I both being at a party, and I played that song and yelled, "What the Hell is he saying???"

    ReplyDelete